July 19, 2008

4th Post!!! (Pizza)

Good day to all who stumble upon this page!

I'm just going to jump right in tonight, so here it goes!

July is a month that holds many birthdays for people I know, mainly family. They are also all around the same day, all within the same week, I believe. Today was my cousin's party and by the way, why do we celebrate people's birthdays either way before or way after? I mean, I know I do it, too. I haven't had parties that are during the week, when most everyone is busy. I just feel like it's not actually the day that's being celebrated, it's the year, which I understand. However, what separates people's births are days, not just years. Are the days/dates not as important as the years? Perhaps they aren't. Maybe some just count the years as they go, but I think the actual day counts for something. Maybe even the time at which one was born is important, also. I suppose that is for the individual to decide, but I just feel like sometimes we make excuses. "Sorry Billy, your birthday's not on a Saturday, so there's not gonna be a party this year." I hope I don't have to say that to my child, not that his/her name will be Billy anyway.

Back to the party, it was more like an excursion. It started out at Putt-Putt Fun Center, which had changed a lot since I was there last. The first thing we did was play laser-tag. That was pretty fun, especially because I got to shoot at three young kids the whole time. My cousin (birthday boy), stepbrother, and I were on one team. The other team was made up of the 3 other friends. There were two, six-minute games. Although our forces seemed unstoppable, we lost both times. See, we were the green team. Usually the red team wins anyway, and I don't believe the arena or equipment was in good repair. I believe the game had it out for us, but it was all fun.

Next was mini-golf. Today, it was about 97 degrees. Excessive heat and being outside moving around do not mix very well. It felt like an eternity we were out there, but soon we returned inside to play games. Each child was given 8 tokens and then we would go to McDonald's for lunch. Of course, the tokens were gone faster than you could say "Don't use them all on ticket games. Play a game and enjoy it." I guess that isn't such a short statement. Regardless, the tokens were rapidly spent. McDonald's, here we come!

I had a first at McDonald's- a salad. I had heard that the salads were not any healthier than say, a Big Mac. I got one just to try it, though. I got the Bacon Ranch one with grilled chicken because chicken and bacon are very good together. They are to me, anyway. It really wasn't that great, like it could have been more chilled, but I looked at the Nutrition Facts sheet on the back of the placemat thing on the tray, and this was the "healhiest" salad they had. That was kind of weird, I thought.

I went back home after eating, with my stepbrother, who would a little later go back with my cousin's mom to the pool down the road. Instead of going to the pool with them, I stayed and helped my mom and stepdad with the downstairs patio. We are in the process of screening it in. They had been out in the heat since 9:45, I think. It was about 3:00 when I started helping, so they had been out there for a long while. We worked really hard and around 5:00 we stopped to go to the pool. We stayed for an hour or so, then left to go bck home and order pizza. My mom was really tired so, I could tell she didn't want to cook anything.

The pizza and stuff was great, the best I believe I've ever had. If you have the chance to, get one of those Pizza Mia's from none other than Pizza Hut. They are really astounding.

I do a lot of product placement in my posts. Maybe I should get a deal with some places to advertise them in my blog and in turn, they could advertise me a little. That would be awesome!

So, writing is on it's way! I have some words on paper that I will transfer over to here for people's joy. I hope you enjoy it and I hope you sleep really well.

I hope I do too. Church tomorrow, so all of you who do that...Have fun!

Good Night

No comments: