July 18, 2008

3rd Post! (Chinese Fooood)

Hey everyone, I just got back from my grandmother's....or i guess she would be my great grandmother...but no one says that. Haha. She bought us Chinese from some delivery place nearby and, after figuring out what Chop Suey was, we ordered a lot of food for 4 people (Mom, stepdad, g-ma, and I). It was like $36 and that's more than we usually pay for the Chinese place right down the street from us, so I figured it would be the best ever. I ordered my usual Sesame Chicken and, to my dismay, it was not "the best." I was slightly shocked because everywhere I have gotten sesame chicken, it has been amazing. And then, for this to not even be half as good as most places, it just confused me.

In spite of all this, I was still happy to have Chinese food. If I could eat Chinese food as much as I eat American food, I definitely would. I might be able to eat it everyday of the week... maybe.

This morning, I played tennis with a friend from school, my mom, and my stepbrother. It gets really hot really quick. You have all these preconceived notions about how you're just going to go out there and have a lot of fun and try not to notice or bother with the heat. Those are false, all the time. You do notice the heat, at about the same time as you get out of the air conditioned car. I always wonder if I should crank the heat up before getting out into the heat, like maybe it would feel cooler outside than it did in your heated car. "Hey, you think this is hot, you should have been in my car on the way here," I would say if I actually went through with that thought.

Back to tennis, I really want and need to play with people who are at the same level with me, or perhaps a bit better. You get better by playing people more experienced than you, who play with better techniques, or so I've heard. If I people who fit that, I should hopefully pick up the correct techniques that make them better. It's not that I don't like playing people who aren't advanced as me, but I would enjoy it more if they could hit consistently enough.

Backtracking once again, the fortune in my fortune cooky was split in two, one half in one side and the other in the other side. So it was ripped, and after I ate just enough to open the side with the paper still in it, I read my fortune. "Depart not from the path which fate has you assigned" This actually sounded like a real bit of truth that could be applied in life. Then, I remembered it was ripped. Is that a sign??? Am I going to stray "from the path which fate has" assigned me? I hope this doesn't happen, but I just couldn't help pondering it.

To anyone who plays the lottery-

Daily numbers: 1 9 4
Lotto Six #'s: 43 7 34 19 2 5

Good night and good luck!

No comments: