August 06, 2008

Scars on McDonald's and Taco Bell

Sorry I was absent for a few days, but I just didn't want to post meaningless crap that occurred in my life. I like the real stuff that happens. Ha ha.

I bet you are wondering about the title of this post, "Scars on McDonald's and Taco Bell". The first part, "Scars", is for the Scars on Broadway album that I just got today at Wal-Mart. It is 1/2 of my favorite band, System of a Down. They are unfortunately on hiatus, but each of the members has their own "side projects". I put this in quotes because there is a lot of skepticism about them getting back together. Hopefully they will reunite sometime in the not too distant future. Anyway, Scars is made up of the guitarist, Daron Malakian, and drummer, John Dolmayan. I really like the drummer, but Daron with his vocals is not great. Actually, most of the fifteen songs on the album are tolerable. I believe it's the music anyway, not so much how it is translated through lyrics. I feel like I could write better stuff than what Daron has, but I suppose he's the one with the record deal. I am listening to the CD while I type this entry, by the way.

The second, fast food part of the title is for events that have happened in the past 2 days. Yesterday, on MSN I saw a headline that read "McDonald's to make changes to Dollar Menu". I was immediately concerned because I get a huge majority of my meals off the Dollar Menu at McDonald's. I didn't know what they would be changing, but clicked to find out. Long story short, they are going to take the Double Cheeseburger off of the dollar menu. I was so distraught, because I think those burgers are actually very tasty. They said that dairy prices are going up, so they're putting one slice of cheese on sometimes instead of two. They also said that the dollar menu in general is distracting people from the rest of the menu, the $1 Sweet Tea and all the new non-dollar menu items such as smoothies and coffee drinks.

How ridiculous! Are they not the largest fast food chain in the world? Do they not have billions upon billions of dollars? And they're worried about putting one slice of cheese instead of two!? Get over it, McDonald's! If you can't provide me and the billions of other customers with what we want, we'll go elsewhere with our business. Onwards to chains that aren't just trying to make a quick buck, like Taco Bell. Perhaps not so much. One scar on Mickey D's.

Yes, Taco Bell comes up again. I have not received a response from them about painting my car as advertising yet. I doubt that I will. However, I think I will address it in my upcoming letter to them about my last visit there, which was today. Let me just say that if you want Taco Bell or KFC, go to the restaurants separately as opposed to one of those "slashtaurants". I just made that word and I feel it accurately describes the situation. As I was returning form Wal-Mart, I was feeling very hungry and my mom took me to Taco Bell/KFC, a slashie right nearby. We went through the drive thru and attempted to order three Cheesy Double Beef Burritos and a large Diet Pepsi. Truthfully, I believe the guy at the other end was a bit hard of hearing. We had to tell him the order twice before we got the "Second window" message. The car pulled up to the window and the money was exchanged. I was anxious for food and drink. The same guy who took our order gave us our food and asked us if we needed any sauces or anything. Once again, two was the magic number as he asked us twice, both times getting the same "No". So we kind of laughed at the situation and drove off. I started eating as soon as we left and noticed that it was rather sloppy and tasted a whole heck of a lot different than I remember. I also felt hard pieces of something in the burrito crack and crunch into my teeth; it kind of hurt. All three items were made the same way. It looked like they had a bunch of left over crap in the little assembly bins and just threw it into our food. There were tomatoes, a spicy cheese sauce, and some kind of green plant. I have no idea what they could have possibly been smoking while they made our food, but I will not go back to that store for a very long time. Oh yeah, I wanted a Queso Crunchwrap, but they don't have those anymore there. I believe they still do at full Taco Bells.

I called the number for "Say and Play for $1000" on the back of the receipt, went though about 50 questions for nothing, and just got mad. They too, like McDonald's, are ridiculous. The only thing that was good was the Diet Pepsi we got. I expressed my frustration wherever I could in the phone survey. They didn't want my name or anything. It was just an automated response system. What idiots!

So that was my day today and yesterday. Wait, I remember now. At Wal-Mart there was a young girl, probably around my age, doing her job as a greeter. My mom asked "Isn't there a requirement for that job, like you have to be at least 80 and near death to do it?" We laughed and the girl said a shy "Hello". Another employee, possibly a manager, asked her if she was asking polite things like "Do you need to return anything today?" or "How are you?". She said yes, with a little bit of an attitude, but that other employee looked really annoying, so I don't blame her. So, we got everything that we needed except topsoil, which is outside where all the outdoors stuff is. Well, I guess that the girl who was at the front greeting, got demoted that quickly to someone who says "Have a nice day!" at the exit. There she was at the exit in the outdoors area. Poor girl, perhaps that isn't the best position for her. We went back inside to check out and saw that there was the right candidate for the job, a barely living 80-some year-old. Ha ha.

So this was a lot that happened, really. I have a tennis match tomorrow at 12:00, so I guess I should get to sleep. Have a good night and thank you for reading my nonsense.

No comments: