June 12, 2009

And They Have Guns...

This vacation has, so far, been the best I have been on. I believe we're talking best of all time here. We'll just have to see when it's all said and done. Speaking of what's done, I have experienced the riches (believe me, they're quite rich) of Disney World and the wetness of Wet 'n Wild. However, the journey getting there had its own ups and downs. One such instance occurred in a small period of time, when I was driving.

I only drove for about two and a half hours and, on the way to lunch, I encountered first-hand the classic "moron". After I got off the exit, I started searching for someplace to eat. Burger King was the first place we saw, so I started in that direction. I had to turn left in order to get into the parking lot and there was a lane for doing so. I made my way into that lane, but before I got to the line where I would wait for no opposing traffic, it appeared- the "moron", also known as "idiot", "imbecile", or the descriptive "stupid". (Note that any of these words may be combined with other names, depending on the subject at hand.) This particular moron came from in front of me, crossing his lane and entering my left turn lane. I was about half way to the line and he was about to occupy that same space. I immediately started braking and I threw my arms (both of them, probably not that smart) into the air and shouted "What are you doing!?" I knew that the moron could not hear me because loss of hearing is characteristic of morons. I continued with verbal assaults at his intelligence, however not with a horn. The horn would do nothing but scare the moron even though he couldn't hear very well. The moron finally realized his errors (there were multiple) when he was about ten feet from my vehicle and swerved back into his habitat, wherever that was.

Then, not even a minute later, another moron appeared. It is somewhat abnormal for morons to be near each other because of all the stupidity. They don't realize how dumb they are and will begin attacking each other. They are too dumb to learn that they need to stay together for their own good. Anyway, as I entered the parking lot, the second moron was there, blocking the entrance. I could not get past it. She would not move, but she could see that I wanted her too. She tried with all her heart (because there is no brain) to get out of my way, but to no avail. Again, it took a moment for her to notice her mistakes.

I evaded the morons as best I could, but they did get me in the end. Thankfully they were not the armed kind. A lot of ads for shooting ranges and gun shops were heard on the radio. I just kept thinking "And these people have guns." It would have been so much worse if the morons were armed. They could have killed themselves, or even others such as myself or my passengers. They are everywhere and we must all keep our eyes on them if we don't want to become one of them. Here's to a moron-free vacation and life for all of you.

No comments: